Professional Kitchen Knife Sharpening
Contact Knife Doctor
Knife Doctor sharpens using traditional whetstones, shaping the blade geometry to re-form the knife bevel.
Finish the sharpening process with a honing rod and strop if necessary to refine and perfect the edge.
Get a blissfully sharp edge. Effortlessly fly through your vegetable prep. Glide smoothly through meat and fish. Cleanly and precisely chiffonade basil.
Pricing & Services
* Knife Doctor reserves the right to ask for proof of a Food Handler Card/ID.
- Limit 5 knives per person per visit.
- Knife Doctor reserves the right to refuse service.
- Knife Doctor only sharpens kitchen knives.
- Sharpening performed to a “working level” of sharpness, which is sharp enough to slice 20 lb printer paper.
- Customer items that are not picked up within 3 months of the scheduled pickup date shall be considered as forfeited.
Accepted Payment Types
Pricing & Services
Basic sharpening, double bevel
This service reshapes the cutting edge of the knife to restore its cutting abilities. A badly worn knife edge may require substantial time on the whetstone. This service sharpens to an angle of 14º – 16º (degrees per side). The edge is finished to 1000 grit to 5000 grit, depending on use case of the knife.
Basic sharpening, single bevel
Chip repair, double bevel
Repair broken tip
Sharpening, serrated blades
About the Knife Doctor
The kitchen knife is a ubiquitous workhorse in any kitchen – residential and commercial, and it deserves maintenance to keep it operating effectively. With his engineering background, Gary applies meticulous precision to his work when sharpening knives. With his culinary background, Gary knows how a blade needs to perform in the heat of the kitchen – and what truly sharp means.
If your knives work full time, they should see the Knife Doctor regularly!
- Cosmetic Changes: While Knife Doctor takes utmost care with customers’ knives, Knife Doctor takes no responsibility for cosmetic changes to the knife that may occur during the sharpening process.
- Loss or Theft: Knife Doctor does not cover any loss or theft that may occur while the knife is in my possession.
- No Association: Knife Doctor is not associated with any other business entity. Our services are independent and separate from any other brands or companies.
- Knife Doctor does not perform medical services.
- Knife Doctor does not provide medical advice.
Please review this liability statement carefully and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. By using our services, you agree to these terms and conditions.